Art that looks at Jerusalem from above. Open every day from 5:00-11:00pm إقرأ اكثر
- Entrance to all the roofs is free. No need to register in advance. There is no starting point, just come and hop from one roof to another.
- Places are limited. You will therefore, be asked to register on-site for some of the roofs. Whoever arrives first will go up first!
- Information stands and maps of the roofs are waiting for you at the entrance to every roof and at three spots on route: Clal Center, Zahal Square and the information center at the entrance to Jaffa Gate.
- The distance between the clusters of roofs is less than 3km. There is even a light rail connecting them from Clal Center (the Davidka Stop) to Safra Square (City Hall stop).
- In addition, we are offering paid tours, throughout the event, to people who live on the roof and overnights on roofs in the Old City.
Rooftops. They are always there above us. Our roof is often somebody else’s floor. But what is waiting for us on the highest floor? The one above which (in theory and only in theory) there is nothing…
Above and Beyond asks us all to lift up our heads. To look up. To gather our strength and climb up to new potential. We are opening up seven roofs that are usually locked, and inviting you to discover the world above us.
Come and discover for yourselves the gentle breeze, the open horizons, and a new perspective based on eastern tradition. Take a peek at an unfamiliar elevated city that comes close to the heavens and the flight of birds. The skies are spread out above us, beckoning us to raise and lower our gaze and to look again, differently, at the space that we live in.
For seven days, seven artworks will await you on seven rooftops in the center of the city and in the Old City. Every roof is a world unto itself. Every roof is a glimpse of a possible reality, both physical and spiritual.
Waiting for you on the roofs are, among other things, a green field, an active volcano, breathing earth, a flag performance, overnight options, an exploration of antiquities, and endless fresh air and renewed outlooks on the city, its residents, and yourselves.